Thursday, July 31, 2014

penny pinching

Announcements went out all over Facebook yesterday relaying that the new rates for 2015 have been released. People are already booking their 2015 vacations and keeping the travel agents quite busy. In search of that memory, thrill, excitement and possibly even that one item they can't live without. When I am at the parks one of my biggest thrills are hotel hopping and trying to get all the pressed Pennies I am missing. 

The first Pressed Penny was made in honor of the "World's Columbian Exposition" in 1893. It was very simple the name of the event around the perimeter and date in the middle. Now they can be extremely detailed. There are machines that you have to turn yourself and some that you just insert the appropriate amount and it works on it's own. 

As of today I have over 7 books filled and even some in a ziploc baggie. I have entire sets and ones I am still working on getting. There are some I have that are retired and some from places that no longer exist like Camp Minnie Mickey and toontown. It's a huge collection but I fit the whole thing in a Sulley lunch box. There cheap , fun, and amusing . Something for everyone even when you have to be penny pinching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment