Friday, August 1, 2014

Jim Jim Jimmy Jimmy Jim Jim Jim

I'm guessing if you're a Muppets fan reading the title your thinking this is about muppets but it's not. While the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of that quote is in fact a bunch of furry , cute , litte puppets on a boat heading for adventure on the big blue wet thing. This is more of a intro to the weekend dedicated to one of our idols . The creator of one of our favorite collectibles "Jim Shores". It's still hard to believe I got a interview with the man that created something that I have to go to Hallmark or gift shop to find.

I have known about Jim Shores for over a year now. To be honest I didn't think I would ever have one. Mainly because I usually don't buy stuff from stores like Hallmark. They are usually quite out of my price range and not really my style of used and abused . Well Jim Shores changed my mind on that and has been the only pieces so far that I have bought right from a store ( I'm fibbing a little because there has been one Precious Moment that was purchased from a store but , it was by my husband and it was a anniversary gift (so it doesn't count).

My very first Jim Shore piece was Doc. While walking around a flea market close to my mothers house I saw him from a far (Dramatic huh?). Probably lucky for me the owner of the booth had no idea what we was selling or the purchase price would have been higher. The piece joined my Snow White shelf as soon as I got home.

Months later ( about 6 or so at least) St. Patrick's day this year. My husband and I were at a local gift shop. We were suppose to be window shopping but I think I knew something was leaving with us that day. After all who walks into a store filled with treasures untold and walks out with nothing. Plus it was after all the anniversary of the day we got together , 6 years to be exact. When  the Leprechaun Mickey Jim Shore caught my eye there was no way I wasn't going to buy it. It now inhabits the class cabinet that is dedicated to our Irish finds. (There is a whole shelf dedicated to Mickey!)

The last one I have was actually purchased at Hallmark . Even though I have no fire fighter familiarity. I fell in love with Fire Fighter goofy. The way he is tangled in the fire hose gave off the perfect essence of the goof I know and love.  He now joins the fire fighting Mickey and Pluto salt and pepper shakers on my book shelf.

This is just an introduction though. My little set of three compares not to the man himself and our spotlight this weekend . That will be the fun ones to read. I am so excited to be able to post my first celebrity Saturday that it makes me wonder, If you could learn about anyone who had an idea to create something awesome who would it be? Maybe I can find a way to interview them to!

No comments:

Post a Comment