Monday, July 21, 2014

How about some Lunch?

People use to use Tobacco tins to carry their lunches way before lunchboxes were created. In 1935 the first Animated Character was lithographed to a tin box, none other then Mickey Mouse himself! At this time they were not shaped like rectangular boxes but oval tins. They even had metal handles instead of the plastic we see on some of the collectible favorites we have today.

I have accumulated over thirty lunch boxes since I started. Most of my tin Walt Disney Productions lunch boxes can be found displayed on top of my China Cabinet. I consider them the heart of my collection because they (in my eyes) hold the most history. With the etching of names on the outside of the box to the stickers strategically placed on the inside , they speak of a child that used to own , use, and love it. After all , my dream of collecting to open a museum is to tell a story, One about a man and a mouse.

 

 

 



 

 



 


 Today I received my first Frozen tin lunchbox. There are sites scattered through out facebook dedicated to sharing the Disney love. On one of the newest pages " Disney Share the Joy project", I met my newest Disney friend Jenn. She and I have become very close. She is very artistic , fun, loving, and kind and I thank the site for connecting us. She knows how much I loved Frozen and told me it was the very last one the store had. I couldn't be more happy today and looking for the perfect spot to display it will be half the fun!

Sources: Wikepedia
Disney Share the Joy Project - Disney's Share the Joy Project facebook like page

No comments:

Post a Comment