Monday, July 7, 2014

Ears to Disney

Mickey ear hats have been available at the parks for as long as I could remember. First made popular by the Mickey Mouse Club in the early 1950's. As a promotion last year one of the Limited time magic events were " Year of the Ear" where new special limited edition mouse ears were released each month. Before this event to me they were plain and didn't quite catch my eye but I almost immediately fell in love with them with the release of the glow with the show ears.

They are based with tons of colorful Mickey heads and light up ears. During shows such as "Fantasmic"  in Disney World and "World of color" in Disneyland, (Night time shows with lights, fire, and water) the ears change color with the show to make the crowd part of the experience. It is quite a sight to see. I wanted one right away but the price was a little to much on a Disney trip where my addiction leads me to want everything I see so I decided to build up a collection til I could get my own pair of Glow with the show ears.




My favorite one so far I  bought from one of the several amazing outlet stores near Disney. It says St. Patrick's Day (My 4 year anv. of the day I started dating my husband)  2012 across the front and has a picture of Mickey dressed in green on the ear. It also has a cute little hat on top with 4 leaf clovers on a ribbon around the circumference.

I have many other hats including the Head hats of Mickey , Minnie, Goofy, and Pooh from the 90s. A Donald Duck quack bill hat that is Walt Disney Productions. Several baseball caps, and a few head bands. One of which is Mickey's ears with the Sorcerers Apprentice hat on the middle top.









No comments:

Post a Comment