Thursday, July 3, 2014

It all Started With a mouse!

Over 80 years ago on a train from New York to Los Angeles a mouse was born, or maybe more drawn to life. That is the story most everyone knows about Walt and the beginning of what we now know as Disney. Today I am not going to tell that story but my own. The story of my Disney world that inhabits the very 4 walls where I am writing this now, my house! How my collection all started with a mouse.

Around 2011 while out enjoying a sunny weekend my husband and I stopped at a local yard sale. There was nothing out of the ordinary about the day or the sale except for the fact that the man had a cute little Mickey Mouse Bank. My love for Disney can only be explained as everlasting. It was born with me and I am sure I will pass it on to someone that will love it just as much. So no need to say I bought the plastic Mickey bank. I brought it home set it on my dresser and didn't think twice about it for months. 

One completely random day while sitting in my bed bored the little bank caught my eye. I got up and for the first time really looked at it. Not sure what came over me if it was a need to fill my mind with 
information or just curiousness I searched the little bank through google and found it on ebay. Not that it was worth anything but reading the description woke something deep inside of me. This bank was as old as me maybe even older and I wanted to know more , see more, have more. 


With the first bank and a little information my imagination took flight. Possibilities are endless as to what I can find and what I can do. As for now my Dream is to open a Disney museum. Til that day
I will share my finds with you here, in these 4 walls that are my little piece of Disney.  

No comments:

Post a Comment